1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

6 months in, and still haven't kissed.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by GayAndProudd, Apr 19, 2015.

1. GayAndProudd

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hello guys, first off I would just like to introduce myself. My name is Alex, and I am 14 years old. I have been dating a boy for 6 months, and I love him dearly. I am constantly worried about these few things and I would love to have your input on it. We haven't kissed yet, due to I am not comfortable (and I don't think he is either, I don't know if he's going along with what I feel) I have talked about it with him and he's says that he's ready when-ever I am, but I don't know if he is just saying that. We have never hung out outside of school due to me being worried that my parents will think something is up. I came out to them on October 15, 2013 but they said it was just a phase, which leads me to think that they might think something is up, or they might think nothing is wrong.... I do not know. I just want your guys input on this. I love my boyfriend.... He means everything to me, and I really don't want to lose him. I just think I am a terrible boyfriend, due to my self-conscious acts, and my worrying.

Much Love,
    Alex

2. Gregarity

ive noticed increasingly that one of the key ingredients to a relationship is to be best friends, basically. kissing can wait until youre both ready; just have fun with each other! do things together, anything will do. talk to each other, and be open but respectful of boundaries (respect with a capital R). dont rush anything, or do anything you arent 110% comfortable with, but extend that courtesy to your boyfriend if he turns something down.

since im guessing this is your first relationship, unfortunately, statistically, it might not last forever. first relationships are learning experiences; youre finding out what you want and dont want firsthand. if things start to fray at the edges, identify why thats happening (preferably though mutually-open dialogue) and seek to fix it IF possible. ultimately, dont stress what you cant help.

idk this is a hodgepodge of mental notes that ive piled up over my time here, so take from it what you will. good luck, though!

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Don't sweat it. You will find the right time. It's okay to worry, but you must also look at things from a third perspective. It's not going to be the end of the world if you two eventually separate. Of my friends who dated in their teens, I only know a handful of couples that are still together. It doesn't mean everyone else are failures; they just changed.

Also, ask yourself why is kissing such a big deal to you? It is definitely an intimate act, but it is very harmless. Maybe you could tell your boyfriend you want to "practice" first, lol.