1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I come out to a religious friend?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by deadpool, Apr 20, 2015.

1. deadpool

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    For the longest time I never had a normal friendship but with this one girl we hang out, we take turns on going to each others house's and shes really kind. But around April 1st I've found out I'm bi and I asked for her views on the LGBT community and she said that, "I believe everything that the bible says (That homosexual life is considered a sin) but at the same time i don't believe in bashing people over the head if they don't believe the same as me. The bible says that were supposed to love everyone. That means not being hateful or bullying."
    I trust her not to be rude about it or make fun of me, I'm just afraid that she won't want me a close friend if I tell her.
    Any advice? Should I just find a good time to tell her and hope for the best?

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just tell her. The longer you wait, the deeper a hole you'll get yourself in. A true friend will be accepting. I was scared when I came out to this very religious friend, but he took it well, even if he was restating the official church opinion (pretty sure he's still a virgin until he gets married).