1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do I tell my parents?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by meg189, Apr 20, 2015.

1. meg189

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I met this girl online in my area and weve been talking for awhile now and want to meet up. I'll make sure it's in a public area with lots of people around to make sure she is who she says she is. My parents are very protective of me and so they always want to know what I'm doing and who I'm with, the only problem is my mom is very against talking to people online. I can't tell her I met this girl on an app or she'll be really upset with me. What can I say to her about meeting this girl I've never talked about before without telling her I've talked to her online? I also can't drive so I would have to bus or something to meet her.

---------- Post added 20th Apr 2015 at 04:40 PM ----------

also I am 18 but as long as im living in their house my parents are very strict

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You could say your going out with a friend of a friend or maybe you met through some shared interest group/club.