1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mixed Messages

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by CoolSocks, Apr 20, 2015.

1. CoolSocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi everyone, this is my first time actually writing on a forum like this but I really needed advice on this so I came here. So I guess I'll just get right into it. I am gay, and I have know it for years now and have finally become comfortable with my sexuality. I came out to select groups of people so far and it has gone pretty well but there still remains a problem. Idk what to do about one of my friends who I think is gay (and I like him) but I can't tell if he's just being goofy or actually likes me. I will go through all the examples I feel support my theory. Lets just all call him T. T has been one of my friends now ever since this school year started basically and we have gotten pretty close; you know one of those friends you talk to every once and a while. Well anyway, when we first met on a field trip, I got this feeling that he was hitting on me. I kinda put those feelings away, maybe I just liked him and that made me think he was hitting on me? Then, me and a bunch of other friends went over his house and we were hanging out and stuff and he at one point just decided to sit on the stairs. He looked like he was thinking about something and I walked over. After we talked a little he was like "wanna go hang out upstairs?" and I was like "sure!" but we ended up just staying downstairs. In school he is always kinda touchy with me. In fact, a couple times when I would sit next to him in class he would touch my leg and I would just laugh and I couldn't tell if he was just being silly or actually trying to signal me or something. Even more recently, in English class we sat next each other in the auditorium for a presentation and when he pointed out a couple in the seats ahead of us we laughed and then he put his arm around me which again, I really couldn't tell if he was doing it as a move or just being silly and stuff. In that same time we played that game "Are You Nervous" and I never said I was as he got closer and then he stopped and said "Ha your gay!" which he meant not in a mean way but in like a funny teasing way. I just don't know what to do when it comes to mixed messages. Should I come out to him? If so how should I do it? I don't wanna lose him. Thank you so much for your patience in reading this. I would greatly appreciate any advice. :slight_smile:

2. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Has he ever talked about girls?

3. CoolSocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    He has talked about them before but it just didn't seem genuine to me. I feel like he is closeted but I can't tell.

4. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's hard to tell. I had a friend who I was crushing on pretty hard who set off every gay alarm bell. Except he would talk about girls now and then. I came out to him but didn't tell him I liked him, and when he mentioned his lack of success with girls being similar to my bad luck with guys, I dropped it.

5. CoolSocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ya he really just makes me think he is gay and I would honestly be surprised if he turns out being straight. I just really like him and I don't know what to do. Maybe I should come out to him, but then idk how to do it in a way that's not weird.