1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High School friends were so unreliable and fake.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Chromedome, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Chromedome

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It seems that with just 9 months of college I've made more meaningful, genuine relationships and closer bonds with people than I have in all those years of high school. Thoughts?

2. Straw_berry

I've made a couple of friends in High school who've been my friends for 8+ years, and are still my friends to this day. I think it just depends on the people you come across in High School.

3. Broods

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I still am close with a couple people from high school but I definitely formed much deeper bonds with people at university. I think it's partially because high school is smaller and based on who lives locally versus people with similar interests and drives in your program. But it also has a lot to do with the fact that we are more sure of ourselves and what kind of people we are looking for in university than high school where many of us struggle in our own skin. I also found that because I lived away from home the people I met at university became like a family to me fairly quickly.

4. nohalos

Experiencing the same thing. University has been amazing to me. I'm an incoming sophomore now and my Freshman year, albeit feeling like it was really quick, has been one of the most beautiful, eye-opening experiences to me in terms of my sexuality and friendships.

I feel like I have more friends that I am close to in uni than I did back in high school. I could not show my true self to my high school friends because it was too risky, and my University friends are nothing but accepting to me.

5. Lyana

My uni has a much higher percentage of people who are tolerable, interesting, tolerant, clever, and funny than my high school did. Also, more people who are similar to me. I feel like I've made some genuine friends here.
    That said, I did meet a gem or two in high school, whom I intend to stay close to for many years to come. There are going to be annoying people everywhere, and awesome people everywhere in life.