1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Homophiaaaaaa. D:

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by futuristicfire, Apr 20, 2015.

1. futuristicfire

I'm in a Christian family, but luckily my parents are okay with homosexuality. However my grandparents are different. Once I was visiting and reading something on my laptop about how this gay boy did something or made a speech or blah blah blah, and right then she leant over and said "I don't think they should do that. That's just encouraging him to be different." and from then on I found out they weren't too keen on anyone in their family being a lesbian/bi/whatever I'm meant to call myself. Sooooo.

What now...?

2. sedgeling

Unfortunately some people are rather narrow-minded, and you can't control how it is that they will react to you. You only have power over yourself and your own actions. If your grandparents can't accept this, then that is their problem. It's possible they might accept it given some time, but I can't tell you what it is they will say or do with certainty. It's just a matter of what they're like, and I don't know them well enough to even give you a great guess of that.

Your parents are accepting, so that is a good thing. That means you have a solid foundation, and they can support you and defend you in both your presence and your absence. I honestly would not place too much weight in the opinions of your grandparents. What they have to say might sting, but don't let them eat at you. You just need to do what makes you happy.