1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Something to get off my chest

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Andstillimhere7, Apr 21, 2015.

1. Andstillimhere7

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I've been lately struggling with my family because they've been yelling in general. My brothers are so judgmental it's a wreck. My mom keeps yelling at my siblings and yelling makes me afraid (due to that I have a fear of yelling) and so there's nothing I can do about it. Because of my parents I have developed anxiety, mild depression, and aggression because of the constant spanking as I was young. Right now I can't take anymore shit because I have cried three times in a row this week because of the family and I just want to leave. This is the reason why I have imaginary friends because they are rational and provide me with solutions, my parents are so immature when it comes to specific problem for example if I get a b- they overreact and just bitch at me whereas my imaginary friends are like okay what can we do to fix this problem.

My parents would not allow me to move out because of some unknown reason and also I have to maintain myself and that itself is a bitch. I'm so sad and apart from the constant conflict I also have to endure ignorance and aggression and I'm so tired of that.

Does anyone have any suggestions right now i'm just :tears:

2. Winter Maiden

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm sorry you've had to go through that :frowning2: Speaking with your friends is a good coping mechanism even if it's just to vent. Try to focus on yourself, be the best person YOU can be. Keep in mind that no one is perfect and everyone has their flaws. If they yell at you just let it go they cannot harm you by yelling if you are not paying attention. There is a saying popular among my people that goes something like "hacer oidos sordos" when translated literally it means "to make deaf ears". It's intended meaning, however, is to simply not pay attention to the ridicule when the one ridiculing does not understand and/ or does not care to try to understand your struggle. You are not alone hun :slight_smile: Feel free to contact me anytime n_n !

Kindest regards, Diana​

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What do you mean you're not allowed to move out for "some unknown reason"? That seems really weird. I think moving out would be the best way to get some independence and away from your parents' problems.