1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Family Issues

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by DakiniDasa, Apr 21, 2015.

1. DakiniDasa

I haven't been real close with anyone in my family as it is considering I really didn't grow up around any of them.. Especially my dad.. I met him for the first time on my 13th birthday and lost contact until I was 18.. He has always said he would disown me if he ever found out I was like my cousin, a lesbian. I always tried to laugh it off and tell them that makes me want to get a girlfriend. He really never took me seriously when I "joked" around like that until one day he seen me wearing one of my new fav shirts.. It said 'Be back soon, I'm out with your girlfriend'. For some reason that kinda made him think more seriously that maybe I haven't been joking around and he brought it up.. He and I really haven't talked at all since then.. It doesn't help that shortly after that discussion we kept fighting about everything, mostly really petty things and it seemed like no matter what I did I always did something wrong one way or another... I'm not going to lie. I am a really big daddy's girl but more on the rebellious side of the matter so it does bother me more than I am willing to admit. He never has been the best of fathers, much less one to be proud of sadly, but he still is my dad and the only one I will ever have so that means something. I really don't know what to do.. Should I just wait for him to come around or should I break the ice first and see what happens?

2. Winter Maiden

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Wait for him to come around, it would not be in your best interest to potentially ruin what is left of the bond you have with your father. I wish I had more to say ): I wish you nothing but the best <3

3. DakiniDasa

Thank you, I really appreciate your feedback

4. Winter Maiden

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hang in there :slight_smile: my name's Diana by the way feel free to contact me :slight_smile: