1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to explain...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Matto_Corvo, Apr 24, 2015.

1. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    sorry if this is the wrong place to put this

I told my mom not to long ago that I was transgender. At that time I felt, acted, and was very much sure I was a male in this female body. She was fairly accepting. Then over the course of the following weeks I found that at times I felt less male, as though some other gender was trying to take over (if that makes sense). Then I woke up feeling like I was rather genderless, and two days ago I was a very masculine female. So I've finally comes to terms with it...I am sure as hell genderfluid. I was guess I was trying to force myself into a binary. I wasn't female so I HAD to be male. Of course, thanks to the wonderful people on here I know differently and it is okay to be genderfluid.

But how do I explain genderfluid to my mom? I'm starting to wish I hadn't told her I was transgender. I'm not even sure if genderfluid is transgender.

I don't know if she would understand it. I mean saying that you tend to flow from one gender to the other does tend to be looked at like your crazy. But I know I'm not.

does anyone have any advice?

2. cryptic

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi :slight_smile:

If your mom was accepting when you told her you were transgender, maybe you should just try to explain and tell her what you've just told us? She could accept a transgeder kid, maybe genderfluid won't be that much problem. She might take some time to get used to the idea, but try being patient, explain everything and tell your mum you love her. Fingers crossed, good luck! :wink: