1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When to Compromise

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Mrcake, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Mrcake

My bf and I have been dating for over a month and our relationship is great. However, he is a busy guy and he likes to support his local gay scene and help out with drag shows. He also performs frequently. The reason why I'm saying this is because I'm not super into drag shows - at least not every time I visit him. The commute is 2 hours and I want to spend the most time as possible with him, and the drag shows take all night. When should I compromise? I don't mind going to a show every now and then, but it has been nearly every time I have come to visit.

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think you already know the answer: you don't want to go to the shows as frequently because you're coming to visit him, not all those other people. That's reasonable because all relationships need some one-on-one time away from friends and even family.

However, if he has certain days he does the shows, you could also compromise by visiting him on days when he doesn't have plans. Or, he could come to where you are. He should understand that if he is busy, he should manage his free time for both his drag friends and his boyfriend.