1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finding Friendship in the LGBT community?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Sweetberry, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Sweetberry

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    SO I'm wondering how to go about making friends in the LGBT community. I don't live near any centers that hold functions/pride events. I am attending school in the fall, so I'm hoping to meet some people then, but until then?
    I'm not out but I feel like it would be easier to move in that direction if i had friends in the LGBT community? My friends are straight and I know think I'm straight but I don't feel comfortable telling them yet. I want to get more involved and meet people, grow my circle of friends. Just don't really know how?

I would love to be able to go out to lunch/coffee and talk about everything in my life, including the cute waitress, instead of hiding from my friends...

2. canadianmuslim

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey sweetberry. I know how it feels. im going throught the same thing. Im only out to myself. Coming out is never easy. Having friends from the LGBT community will definitely help. There's this site called meetup. Check it out. They basically have lots of gay and lesbian meetups in different cities. If you need someone to talk to , you re welcome to send me a private msg. Im looking for LGBT friends too. =)

3. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  4. Sweetberry

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
  5. glencoco

I'm newly out and I've also been struggling to find an LGBT community I really connect with. Wish I could offer some tips, but I'm still searching myself. Out of curiosity, where in CA are you located?