1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crush on best friend... What to do...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by AsiaJ33, Apr 26, 2015.

1. AsiaJ33

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am female, and over the past few months, I have had a crush on my female best friend (I am still unsure about my sexuality, but I'm definitely not straight, and I'm leaning towards lesbian) I am a freshman in highschool and she is a junior. I've known her only this year, but as soon as I met her, I liked her. A lot. This crush is just getting more and more intense as the days go by. I recently told her about me liking her, and her response was that it was sweet but she didn't want to ruin the great friendship we have. Also, that I'm too young for her. That's about what I was expecting. But anyway, she sees me as a child. I look young for my age, and I'm definitely on the petite side, but I'm very mature for my age and at the top of my class. Basically, my question is: Should I try to get over her? How? Am I too young for her? Please help

2. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Feelings are difficult, period. Hugz (*hug*)

Well, if she say she's not interested, then she isn't. If she says you're too young for her, then you are. Not intrinsically, just that you're too young for her 'taste' if you will. I'm sorry about that <3

Well, getting over it might be hard, but you can try processing it. Try not to distance yourself from her even if you're still in love. Maybe even try talking lightly about it, try to laugh a little about it. She might open up, and that might be all you need to let go of your crush and accept her as a friend.

I wish I could have been more romantic, but that's all I've got for now, sorry! ^^
    Keep writing if you have questions/want to vent! :slight_smile:

3. AsiaJ33

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks, Triflow. I would never date her or anything. I mean, I really value our friendship too. Like, we have become best friends, and have both been going through rough times. We have helped each other out and basically kept each other sane. But yeah, thanks for the advise. I'm definetly trying to work on it...

4. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    That sounds really good :slight_smile: good luck!