1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would you be with a bisexual person?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Sweetberry, Apr 27, 2015.

?

Would you be in a relationship with a bisexual person?

Poll closed Jun 16, 2015.
  1. Yes, of course

138 vote(s)
    96.5%
  2. Nahh, not my cup of tea.

5 vote(s)
    3.5%
  1. Sweetberry

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I've seen/read a lot of stuff about how some people within the LGBTQ community don't want to have relationships with those who identify as bisexual- something about "fence-sitting" or "looky-loos"

What's your take?

(i get that these articles don't represent the views of everyone, I'm just curious how "true" this is?)

2. ApexxShadow

Personally, I would date a bisexual. I honestly don't understand why people think less of them. They're normal people who just like 2 genders.

3. LexSeir

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I wouldn't have a problem with being with a bisexual at all. As long as they like me and I like them, what their orientation is doesn't really matter to me.

4. STM29

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No problem at all. I don't see why I shouldn't be with someone bisexual.

5. Lyana

I don't really understand these threads. They seem more divisive than anything else, inviting people to weigh in on the "bisexuals are more likely to be unfaithful" and "I want a partner who can be fully satisfied with just me" stereotypes. I don't understand people who discriminate based on sexual orientation, but then, they don't understand me, either.

My answer: Of course I would date a bisexual person; I'm bisexual and I know bisexuals are just individuals like everyone else.

6. Sweetberry

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I don't see why it would matter but it seems like so many people feel it does, and I dont get why? EC is my only connection to the LGBTQ community right now, still learning...hope this post isn't inappropriate/offensive in that way? I never thought of it like that , being divisive... ooops... :eusa_doh:

7. Lyana

Nah, don't worry. It wasn't an attack on you Sweetberry, just me saying what I thought about the stereotypes. I'm sorry if I was a bit harsh. The post is not offensive; it invites responses which could be, but that's not your fault. And it is an interesting question. I would like to understand people who won't date bisexual people. I'm just not sure I can.

8. 404dotexe

Another thing to note is some people who identify themselves as bi-sexual could just be in a transition between sexualities, don't get me wrong this isn't always the case, but it happens

9. Sweetberry

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    @ Lyana, you didn't come off harsh- you just made me think. haha After I read your first line or two my first reaction was "oh no! what have i done? O_O " lol
    Yeah I don't understand it, I would think there wouldn't be a whole lot of judgement coming from within the community. I was actually rather surprised when I read it in an article (i think it was on a website called she-wired? it had like these comments as to why people wouldn't, and I guess i had to ask for myself? it just sounded too crazy).

10. Boudicca

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Of course! I'd date the :***: out of a bisexual lady. Not dating someone simply because they are bisexual is absurd.

11. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I don't see any issue with sexuality personally, but rather belief systems that can apply to anyone. The only time I wouldn't date a bisexual is if she either thinks 1) She's still a virgin after me because she hasn't touched a man yet or 2) She pulls the "All sexuality is fluid/we're all a little bit bi" garbage.

I've had these issues with past bi women I dated, but It's also something other lesbians could do so I think It's dumb to generalize everyone.

12. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
  13. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If I could help it (also includes pansexuals, queers, etc.)! I'm totally open to dating monosexuals, provided they're accepting and understanding of my own preferences and expressions.

14. guitar

My first bf was bi and I sort of am too. Doesn't bother me in the least. I know a few gay guys who will only date bi guys.

15. Queero

I'll date anyone I want to, if they also want to date me. I'm not going to do anything to make that group any smaller than it already is.

16. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah why not. It's all about the person, right? At least for me it is.

17. Burnedcloset

Totally. I might be more susceptible to jealousy with a bisexual guy though.

I would be competing with boobs!

18. lukeluvznicki13

Bisexuality does not mean polygamy ;]

19. Sinopaa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've dated a bi girl before and had no problems with it. I didn't understand her attraction to guys, but it didn't affect our relationship any less; in fact it strengthened it to me. I looked at it as out of all of her attractions she chose to be exclusive to me. The notion that people find bi and pans to be more promiscuous is just absurd. It's like saying because I find both ginger and blonde girls attractive that I can't stay loyal to just having one. So yeah...sorry for getting long winded, but outside of someones insecurities with the unknown I honestly don't see what the issue would be.

20. Chibi Giraffe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    beggars like me can't be choosers...

jk, really though, it's not a problem at all.