1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do I do in this situation?! Love square?!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Libby, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Libby

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm asking for help cause it's gotten so complicated and I need unbiased opinions. So I'll start from the beginning. I'm a college freshman and in January, I met this girl, I'll call her Buttercup, on ******. We went on one date I guess you could call it but she didn't seem interested. Then we also both happened to join the rugby team. A few weeks into the season, she recruits her friend, let's say Bubbles, and I develop feelings for her too. After a party one night Bubbles kisses me so I think maybe she likes me too. We all hang out together and turns out Buttercup likes Bubbles too. So I talk to Bubbles and she's all "Oh I had no idea either of you liked me" and according to Buttercup, Bubbles likes her back, so I'm like ok, I'll just let them work it out whatever and I'll have to deal with the fact that the two people I like like each other. Well fast forward two months and they're still not together and Buttercup is soooo hung up on Bubbles but I get the feeling Bubbles is just playing hard to get and its totally breaking Buttercup down emotionally. THEN (here comes the good part) at a party this past weekend, our other friend, let's go with Blossom, who identifies as straight, tells me that she ALSO likes Buttercup. Now Blossom and Buttercup hang out like all the time. The team jokes that they're like a married couple. She's just now opened up with the fact she likes Buttercup (even though she's straight) because I told her I like Buttercup too. And just like with me, the feelings have kind of just bottled up and we both agree that Bubbles is not treating Buttercup right but she's fallen so hard that she doesn't realize it. So my question is, should I talk to Buttercup about Bubbles again? Should I talk to Bubbles? and should Blossom risk making her friendship with Buttercup weird by telling her she likes her??
    All help appreciated!!
    Also: Bubbles has had some serious personal issues that she won't talk about (which might be why she's holding back so much with Buttercup) and Buttercup also won't open up about her feelings because of her past experiences so you can see how difficult it is to talk to either of them about feelings.

2. SpaceJayce

Oo, that's a tough one.

I'd talk to Buttercup and Bubbles separately about the issue. I'd tell Buttercup and Blossom that you are interested in Bubbles, but that you want their honest opinions.

I'd also try to have a one on one conversation with Bubbles when you both have free time to see if she can open up.

I dunno, I'm pretty bad at this advice stuff aha but I hope I helped a bit.