1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boyfriend still loves his ex

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Yuki, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Yuki

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Been dating my bf for 3.5 (official 2.5 months). We met not so long after he broke up with his ex, who cheated on him. He's still friends with his ex. I only get to see him on the weekend so sometimes he spends time with his ex when I'm not around. He told me he still loves his ex but he loves me more and wants to be with me. He said he wants to be friend with his ex but doesn't really know where the ex stands in his life at this point. He said he needs time to really get over him. His ex wants to get back together but he doesn't.

I completely trust him. I know for sure he won't cheat on me. I want to help him with this issue. He's conflicted and doesn't know what to do. He feels bad talking about his ex to me but he wants me to know everything (ie, when he's with his ex and what they're doing). I understand where he's coming from but I can't only take so much of this. I don't want to wait for a long time for him to completely get over his ex, but I love him so much. I'm not jealous at all that he hangs out with his ex. I just want to help him because he said he needs help getting over his ex but doesn't know how to.

any advice is appreciated. Thanks

2. nohalos

That is really hard. But if I were in your place, I would think I'm his rebound.

I think the thing here is, he's not gonna get over that guy if he spends time with him when you're not around. I see this in a way that it is unfair to you, he dated you whilst he's still not over him. I'd say he should not have jumped from a relationship to another if he's still tied to the past.

If I were you, I would ask for a cool off. I wouldn't want someone who only gives half to me, I would want to have this thing two-way, and if he's unable to still give me all of him, I ain't giving him my all too.

Keep in mind that I've never been in a relationship before, and all of this is just my two cents.

Good luck, Yuki.