1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do I feel disconnected from my husband?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Mystic flower, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Mystic flower

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am now comfortable in my own skin and have no problem liking other women. In fact, I have been crushing hard on this chick that caught my eye and she drives me crazy. . . but I have some issues to deal with. Some days I hate myself for liking women, because I don't have anyone.
    My husband is one of them. I do love him unconditionally, but I have been feeling so distant from him lately and it doesn't help that I feel nothing when it comes to making love. He had been emotionally abusive for a long long time and he instigated a threesome with another woman in our marriage last summer and that is how I realized I am indeed bi. I kind of knew but was unable to experiment to find out.
    But lately, I feel less about him and maybe I am a lesbian. I know I have some anger issues and anxiety to deal with. Maybe I am blaming him for too much; anxiety, atelophobia, sexuality. The marriage is getting better, though. Since accepting the fact that I like women, he accepted that too and it doesn't affect him negatively. We talk about it occasionally and it doesn't bring any negative thoughts or feelings.

Anyway, I am rambling on and on but I needed to get this out. I have held back with my sessions with the new therapist. . . maybe I should give it another shot. . .