1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I just being paranoid?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by MonsterAnarchy, Apr 29, 2015.

1. MonsterAnarchy

So I have a life partner. We met in high school and liked each other, then it blossomed into love. Anyway, last year, he started liking this one other girl, and long story short, he would show affection towards me... and her We weren't dating at the time, but it was known we had a thing for each other. So he like me and the other girl and would show her affection right in my face. It hurt a lot and I think im still effected by that experience. Long story short, when he almost lost me, he realized that he "needed" me and stopped being romantically involved with the girl and then asked me out. And since then our relationship changed for the better. He doesn't like her anymore, but fell in love with me and only me.
    Which makes me so happy, but I'm scared. He just finished his schooling for the navy And now getting deployed to Bahrain..
    That's a 10 hour difference..
    And despite being officially official for almost a year, I'm scared that he's gonna end up finding someone over there.. Cause he did it to me once, he can do it again. And that scares me so much. I don't want to lose him. We both been through so much together, and I don't want it to be just history. He says that he won't leave me, but how can one simply be so sure? I'm afraid.

2. mangotree

Will fearing/not-trusting him and relaxing/trusting him produce a different outcome?

3. MonsterAnarchy

Whether I trust him or not, I believe whatever happens is going to happen. I just don't want to put all my faith in him just incase he does find somebody. But I want to trust him, but I'm scared to. The thoughts of him and the other girl still hurts me and that was over a year ago. It was so long ago, I should be over it by now, but it just creates a new fear in me: him actually leaving me. Ive talked to him about it many times, and he said he said he wouldnt do that, but it doesnt help how i feel. I don't how I should deal with my feelings.