1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is she playing games?????

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Wolf123, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Wolf123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I feel as though she is playing games with my head. She was telling people we were seeing one another prior.... For about 3 months. Suddenly she asked me if I saw is as friends or more. I said what made her ask that.... She admitted that she hung out with an ex etc. now we were hanging out and getting closer like holding hands cuddling and all. She even expressed she wanted to kiss. I was getting more comfortable with the idea, but then she threw the she wanted to be friends right now. I said fine. I was really hurt because just a few days prior she said she had feelings for me. She said she wanted to be friends right now because she needed to figure her stuff out.

I started staying busy even was happier getting out and doing things. The issue came when she would text me expressed that she missed my face and that she wanted to hang out soon. I said okay and let her know I tried hSngong put with her but she always cancelled. She also started texting me selfies of her... I finally had enough and asked her why she was texting me photos of her and she said it was because I expressed I liked her hair up. I then asked her why she sent them to me and said she was bored. I said so you don't like me and she said I like you as a friend? I said okay my issue is she sends me mixed signals like what I explained prior so she confuses me. Why is she sending me selfies and getting all pissed off at me when I don't show her attention? Is she playing games with my head now???? I'm hurting because if all this because I already have a difficult Tome letting people in and she is doing this.why do you think she is doing this and should I ignore like I did as well as ignore her texts?

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Well do you feel it would help if you would communicate a bit more ?
    In a gentle and understanding way ?

3. Wolf123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yes you are right. I have been overly stressed with other matters and overthinks things too much. I do in fact need to start communicating with her better since I feel I have overreacted a lot. I need to work on myself and I did express this in a card apologizing for my behavior. Thank you for responding l:slight_smile:

4. Foxfeather

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Talk to her. Ask her straight out

5. Wolf123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Before I hung out with her I gave her a card expressing that I wasn't ready for a relationship and that I can be friends with her right now since she also said friends was best; however she never explained what that meant-platonic or something else. She did explain that she was going through a tough time with her family and that she isn't saying there isn't a future with us its that she just doesnt have the time for anything serious-I have never asked for anything serious. She was the one who expressed she had feelings for me. I have to admit I got scared and said I wasn't sure what to say to her at the moment. At this time is when things got weird. We had an argument about something she had done of course over text. I stopped talking to her for a couple days to cool off and understand the situation; then I got a hold of her again. This is when she said she didn't know what she wanted from me and that she couldn't be in a relationship at the moment; also saying she thought it would be best to be friends right now. I have to admit I got upset because I was hurt. I asked to speak to her in person after the incident and we hung out once again. I got her a card expressing that I was sorry for being insensitive to her feelings etc. That same day she sent me a text with a picture of the card and the gift I got her for valentines day. When we talked I said I felt I did something wrong and she said that I didn't and that she just had alot of stuff going on. The issue came when her friend got in the middle telling me that all she wants is friendship from me and etc. I was hurt hearing this from her friend and tried to block it out. She would text me asking me if everything was okay and I would play it off like everything was fine, when really I was sad and going through other things as well. She rarely wanted to hang out with me anymore. I would text her and she would text back saying how much she enjoyed talking to me when I would ask if I should let her go. After awhile she would invite me, but part of me didn't want to go because it seemed to be only on her terms or in my head I was playing games by making sure I was busy when she asked to hang out once-overall I was hurt, but did regret not going when the invite was there.

After keeping myself busy she would text me saying she missed me and that it sucked not being able to see me anymore. She would also be annoyed if I didn't show her attention at work, saying that she wanted space but not so much space that I didn't speak with her-pretty much confusing me. When she mentioned about hanging out I said we could hang out whenever she was available. She said okay. It took me having to make and ask in order for it to happen.

I don't know if the last card I gave her helped or hurt me. All I explained was that I had been going through a tough time which is why I became distant with her at times. I recently hung out with her and it was okay. I didn't have the courage to ask her what was going on with us. It took so much for her to even hang out me that when I did I just wanted to enjoy it. We went to the movies and that's about it. When we sat there I texted her (I know lame) that I enjoyed hanging out with her. I believe she saw the text because she looked at her phone and smiled. I didn't know how to treat her at the movies so I just sat there honestly thinking I wanted to hold her hand but I didn't think it was a great idea.

After the movies I drove her home. We talked about life and she opened up a bit. I don't know what or how I feel right now. I thought things were going okay again, but idk she just seems really distant which I understand since she is going through alot of family issues; I just seem to be the last person she wants to see. She will smile to me at work, but yeah. I asked if I could speak to her regarding an issue I was having and she just said what is there to catch up about friend? I felt hurt because if she was a friend I don't think one should do that. The next day, I said that I just spoke to another friend about the issue and she asked me what the issue was and I just told her its a personal matter...She asked if I was okay and I said yes.

I don't know what I am to her besides a ghost who comes around when she wants me. She stopped with the selfies after I explained to her she was sending mixed signals. I believe the most frustrating part is I have had to express this all through text because if I see her its at work which isnt the best place to talk to her about anything. I have always assumed that it was because I didn't answer her one night when she said she had feelings for me. I said it wasn't possible that she could have those feelings for me since it had been only 3 or so months. This response had nothing to do her with, but rather the fact that I was surprised that anyone could like me in that way and became scared because she had expressed it right when I was having a meltdown about not being able to do anything with her at the moment. It caught me off guard when she said so many nice things about me and I got scared. I have been wanting to tell her about that night but never get the chance and or I get scared to bring it up.

I am doing fine right now. Part of me feels like she wants space so I stopped talking to her for a bit and just say hi at work. I haven't text her or anything because I don't feel it will solve anything. I have come to the realization that I don't want to talk to her through text but rather in person which is why I am not texting her.

I feel bad and crappy about the situation because things were going well and I don't know what I am to her. Am I someone she just has there to stroke her ego when she is down, given that she sent me photos of herself saying she sent me it because I liked her hair that particular way. I am just lost and my heads clear now and at times I feel like just leaving her alone for good and other times I just say give her space and maybe after this month she may be more up for things. Or I blame it on her friend who is in her ear a lot simply because she stated that her friend said that she shouldn't be with anyone right now. Its very strange for me because her friend did the same thing to another friend of mine-dictated who she should date and always seems to be in the middle of others relationships etc. Anyways, I am just curious what people get from this information?

Should I just continue giving her space and let her come to me if she does??? Could have my reaction to her saying she has feelings for me play a role???? Why do friends need to be the third person????