1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have a goal In life

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by lil legs, May 1, 2015.

1. lil legs

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey guys, I have a problem. I want to be a truck driver and I'm now old enough to do so and I have snuggle money (kind of.) my problem is that my boyfriend is completely against the idea right now because we are basically an online relationship. We only talk on Skype in the evenings and we see each other in person once or twice a week, in a year or two we hope to be out of the closet and living together. Which he says will make this career path better for me, but I'm eager and excied about it and I don't usually back down and do as I'm told. I like to be free. To do as I want when I want (within reason,). The other problem is that regarding money. When I opened a savings account, which I have put every pound I can into it, I said it was for me and him in to spend on holidays and things, we're not looking at any holiday plans or spending any of it for at least this year, but he says if I spend that money, he'll leave me, but as I said. I'm really eager to do this. And knowing only he is stopped me, I'm feeling quite self centred and selfish. I should be in his life to make him happy. Plus the other way round.

2. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Well, there are some questions between the lines here I think you should consider:

- What do you value more, your prospective job or your Skype evenings with your boyfriend?
    - Would you feel bad about taking you guys' money, allotted for mutual vacation, to (do what with? I did not entirely understand) but anyways for your job?
    - Do you think he'd be hurt if you did this? Do you think you would be fair for doing that? Do you think he is fair?

3. lil legs

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When it comes to this, I think he should be a part of my life and if that means go along with a job like this which. When we're living together. Won't be an issue, then he can, I know that driving trucks is in my blood, I've wanted to do it since I was 10. I don't really value our evenings to much right now because unfortunately things are a little sour, I've found out recently that every night he plays 2 games on his iPod. And they literally come before me, if it was a choice of me or the ha,es, he'd choose them, which has put me on the I don't care path a little, I don't think I'm fair not giving him a single choice, but I don't think it's fair him getting in my way. He always has a negative attitude towards everything, how am I supposed to take notice of that when it's something I've always loved and now have the opportunity to do?

4. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Sorry to hear about the sour part...

But do you mean you'd take vacation money for your job somehow? I didn't entirely understand that part.

I'm afraid I can't give much advice, but I can ask another question:
    - Would you have a guilty conscience for simply rushing into this? Do you think your boyfriend is just being a bit grumpy/negative/whatever or do you think he has a point in what he says?
    Hope that helps at all ^^

5. lil legs

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    About the money, basically I opened up a savings account half a year ago and I said when k opened it that it was for our future, like buying a house together. Or if we decided to have a holiday that it would be there so it's spent on us, but he's not happy that I want to spend it on this. And I think he's being a mostly grumpy, he has a point but he seems to see it as the end of the world. But he's not seeing sense and isn't trying to see it from my point of view.