1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How much sex is normal in a serious romantic relationship?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Brennana Bread, May 2, 2015.

1. How often do you have sex with a partner that you're in a committed long-term relationship with?

When my girlfriend and I first got together we would have sex at least three-five times a week, often more than that. We've been dating one year now, and lately it's a struggle to get her to have sex with me more than once or twice a week. We don't live together, but we still see each other almost every day. She lives with her brother and his girlfriend, so that's somewhat of an issue, but it's been that way the entire time.

I don't have a super high sex drive or anything, but it still hurts when she rejects me. It makes me feel like I'm not good enough, or she doesn't want me or love me anymore. That may sound needy, but it's how I feel. I've told her all of that, and she just reassures me that she does love and want me--she's just stressed.

What exactly is a normal amount to be having sex anyway?

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Well I'd say there is no normal amount. It simply depends.
    If you would like more maybe you coudl do a few things about it.. and it might help her relax...

If she feels stressed you could do a few things about it.

She could try to get her head free... not thinking of anything else but being in the moment, and enjoying...

you could try sensual massage, creating a nice atmosphere, and massaging her, then loving each other...

and you could talk about your fantasies, and what you really like... not getting this out of hand but maybe exploring a few toys together...
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/anony...ested-using-strap-would-you-use-her-5.html#92

I'd prefer good silicone or cover with a condom...

and there are many spots which can be explored together... talking about what you like...

hugs

3. AAASAS

Ride it out and see if things change in a month or so. It is very possible she is too stressed too think about sex. Some people need a clear mind to thoroughly enjoy it.

Obviously bring it up again if the problem continues, don't be accusatory when you bring it up again, but just let her know it hurts you and feels like your being rejected.

4. robclem21

I agree with above. There is no normal amount but it is important that you are both on the same page, or at least understanding of the situation. Stress can definitely take its toll and the libido and affect how much she is willing to have sex with you. Do all you can to help her relax and take her mind off of other things going on in her life and see if that helps.

Talking to her about it may or may not help depending on the tone you take with the conversation. If she has already told you she is stressed, I think its a clear way of her just needing your support. Worrying about how it is affecting you would only make her more stressed in my opinion.

Do your best to help her and see if things change for the better.