1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Online dating

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by DanDan, May 3, 2015.

1. DanDan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey everyone!
    So, I met this really sweet guy on *******, and we've pretty much hit it off, but I have some concerns. He wants to go on a date, and while I do too, he said things like " You are so sweet, do you like to get attention and affection?", "i can give you a lot of affection", and "a walk in the park so we can talk to each other and I can get some kisses hahahaha". (He was teasing about that last bit). Now, some disclaimers: He's only been in america for 2 years, he's never dated or had sex, and he was really excited about chatting.
    Should I be concerned or what?

---------- Post added 3rd May 2015 at 06:19 PM ----------

Also, I'm 18 and he's 23.

2. robotman

I haven't really taken part in online dating because I am abit apprehensive about it but it seems to be one of the only ways for us gay guys too meet each other lol.

From what you said it does sound like he could have sex on his mind or he could just really like you and want to kiss you. How do you feel about it yourself, when you read the messages what went through your head? You need to go with your gut in this situations. If you don't feel comfortable going on a date soon, just let him know that you want to know him better before you go on a date. Wish that I could be of more help, the main thing I would say is take it slow and only meet up if you feel completely comfortable with him.

3. Manitoban

I personally feel like if you online date, that's fine. But also be cautious no matter what they sound like over text. I'm a big fan of meeting in a public place be it a friend I've never met, business meeting or a potential date.

4. DanDan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I mean, the guy legitamtely sounded surprised we were talking or even considered going on a date. I think he's just really excited ( I am too. i've never dated or anything either). I'll try to becareful either way.

5. Closeteer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Meet up in a safe public space (a coffee house) just to talk on the first date. Wouldn't advise walks in parks as you might end up in an isolated spot. If he's genuinely nice and "your type", you could always go on more dates later, right? :slight_smile: But if you two don't click then it will be much less heartbreak to just amicably decide to not go any further.