1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I kiss my friend?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by bubbles123, May 4, 2015.

1. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

So I'm good friends with this girl and I've been fantasizing about her a lot. I don't think I have a real crush on her. I think I was doing this more out of curiosity although I am a bit attracted to her sexually.
    The more I think about kissing her, the more I want to, just to try it because I'm really curious what it would be like and if I might like it. Also, she's the only person I know who I think I'd actually enjoy kissing as of right now since we're pretty close and I'm out to her about questioning.
    She's bi and I don't know if she'd want to kiss me or not, but she's not into having a real relationship with anyone, and I'm kind of wary of relationships right now as well anyway so it would kind of work out if we kissed.
    She kind of likes a guy right now who might like her back (but like I said, not in a serious romantic way). She rarely has crushes and I feel it may not last but I really can't say. I just got kind of jealous when he was hanging around her a bit more today and I feel bad.
    I kept thinking about how I wanted to kiss her today and I think she saw I was worried about something. Then when I was walking away from her in the hall today she randomly said "Do you ever want to make out with someone in just a bro kind of way?" and I said I guess so. She could have been referring to her crush but it was just weird how she said it.
    I may have an opportunity to get her alone soon and maybe see if she'd want to kiss just in a casual way. But I'm just not sure I should. I really really want to kiss her just to see, but would it be a bad idea to enter into a situation like this where we're not really in a relationship, we just kiss once. I haven't really had a crush in a while and I really want to have a real relationship with someone when I'm ready, so would it be a bad idea to just have a sort of physical relationship with someone if I'm not ready for a romantic one?
    Sorry that was long, thanks for reading. Any advice will help!:eusa_shif

2. Im Hazel

You sound pretty worked up. Lol. It's just a kiss! If you mean just a peck on the cheek, go for it. If she is liberal & likes girls, she won't give a damn. She could be wierded out, but she probably wouldn't hate you. If you mean make out and stuff, maybe ask her. You can keep the spontaneity if you get real close first (eg a hug) so it can be "ask", "yes", "kiss" real fast if she does say yes. If she says no, drop it.

There was this one time my crush (at the time) was sitting next to me. We were sitting in a way so that we were alone on a row, the people behind were facing away and so there's a desk in front. So, he starts tapping or something and I stop him and hold his hand in one motion. Something like that could work. He told me to stop, but this guy was pretty much straight, so it could go much better with someone who could actually be attracted to you and stuff. (If that wasn't too long an example, I don't know what is.)

3. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

Thanks. I guess I'm just nervous about it because I've never really wanted to kiss a person this much before. I kind of want to make out with her if she's okay with it. I'm just worried something like that will have a big impact on how we are around each other. Not that it'll make things more awkward, just maybe more pressure to be close? I don't know I've just never done anything like this before!:slight_smile:
    Thanks for the advice though. I think I'm going to go for it!

---------- Post added 4th May 2015 at 05:53 PM ----------

Would it be a good idea to be honest with her and say I want to do it because I'm curious if I'd like it? Or should I just ask if she wants to kiss (casually) and leave it at that?
    I just don't want to give her the wrong idea.

4. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

Might try soon, but I'm not really sure how to do it.
    As I said in the first post, neither of us are really ready to have actual relationships right now so I don't think kissing her would make things awkward. But I really just want to do it more to see if I'd like to kiss a girl. I want to tell her that, but at the same time I don't want to offend her.
    I've been thinking of just saying "Can I kiss you?" but I don't want her to assume it's because I like her because I don't have a crush on her. Again, just experimenting. She's pretty understanding and chill but still.
    Any advice on how to ask her without risking offending her??