1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

️I don't know how to tell my boyfriend I'm trans*

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by BlackVeilSirens, May 4, 2015.

1. BlackVeilSirens

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So I recently told my family that I am transgender and a couple of my friends but I'm scared to tell my boyfriend. He is bisexual but I still do know if he will still feel the same way about me.

2. ApexxShadow

Do it when you're comfortable and ready to. Don't force yourself to. Hopefully your boyfriend is accepting, and I'm sure he will be. Is he transphobic? If he is I recommend making sure you're safe before you do it.

3. Im Hazel

Pretty much what Tacox said. If he loves you, then he should love you no matter what form you are. The chances are that you already dress "butch", and with hormone therapy taking months to show changes, what really will change? You will be the same person, except with a new label. Physical changes will be gradual, so that won't be a shock to him. Just be level with him, explain how you feel and emphasise how he is one of the first people to know. Also, say how you are not changing - only your appearance. However, obviously be safe. Do it at your house or his house. Just remember that if he is transphobic, he could leave you and tell everyone. So tread carefully!