1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guy falling in love with Guy Friend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by kailee2189, May 5, 2015.

1. kailee2189

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So I met this guy about 4 months ago. From day one we have been very close. We text each other every day, hang out almost every day. We are work out buddies too. After a few weeks I started to develop a crush on him and now I think about him all the time. Although he is straight, a few nights ago he opened up to me and told me he had an ex who was a guy. I am the only person in his life he has told. Honestly there was one time we were working out at the gym and I thought I noticed him checking another guy out but I wasn't sure if it was just me reading more into it than there was. By the way this guy is extremely good looking and all around great person. I am not planning on telling him my feelings because I don't think he feels that way about me. When he told me about his ex he said his ex was the only guy, no the only person he's ever felt that way about. Honestly I think I'm a little out of his league because although I am pretty good looking I am not as in shape as I want to be. I have been losing weight and my hope is that when I do he might see me as more. In the mean time I am always there for him and I look forward to his texts and calls. Even if nothing comes of it I am glad he is in my life. I really do hope something more happens between us, even if it's just one drunken night. I just wanna take care of him and make him feel good.

2. nohalos

Hello and welcome to EC!

Straight people are pretty sketchy to have a crush on, let alone fall for. I think you should try to see things the way he sees it: a platonic relationship between you two. It's not that he's out of your league, it's just that you don't want to hurt yourself any further.

I'd like you to find someone else who'll be more than just his one drunken night, someone who's actually worth seeing, someone who'll take care of YOU as you take care of him. Make YOU feel good as you make him feel good.

He might seem like a perfect guy to you, but if he's not for you then you should move on.

Best of luck.

3. sweetfemme90

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well I suppose if you're gym buddies you are on your way to becoming more fit and healthy. It's okay to have crushes and of course you have the choice of telling him or not as well. Please do not get someone drunk in order to have sex with them. This is taking advantage of a person and is unfair. Sex should be enjoyed in a sober state where the feeling is mutual...no tricks! I know you adore this guy and I know you have good intentions with him. (*hug*) Just be careful out there. Let us know how things turn out in the future.