1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Polyamorous relationships?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by bluediamond, May 5, 2015.

1. bluediamond

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Just wondering if anyone has been in a relationship with more than one person at the same time, like in a triad, V, or any other configuration? What is it like? How did it come about?

2. blackhatguy

I haven't even managed a relationship with one other person.

3. tscott

Only with one of the partners who was in an open relationship. It may be fun, but you have to realize you're only there for amusement. There's no future in it, though I have heard of some who're a co-habituating threesome. Not my cup of tea. Still had some guilty feelings with 1/2 of the partnership even though everything was okay. Not a big fan.

4. smurf

There are A LOT of different set-ups for polyamory. It seems that what you experienced was being with a couple who was in an open-relationship, but that emotional intimacy might have not been allowed. The couple should have had an honest conversation with you of what the relatonship would and would not be.

As for your question, I'm poly but I'm in an open relationship since my partner isn't comfortable with emotional intimacy. I have met multiple triads and even me some people that are in a very complex polycule. Its really awesome to see all of them interact

Not sure if you will find enough people here to talk about poly stuff, but if you can try and find a local poly group. Meetup usually has something for most cities. If you aren't up for that then Tumblr has a pretty awesome poly community going on with people sharing their lives and willing to answer questions.

5. bluediamond

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks. Ive done so much research on this now... There's a site (Unicorns-R-Us) that was really helpful in understanding what to expect before you start anything. Not sure thats something i really want to do, but thought it would be interesting to see if anyone on here had experience.