1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to get over a crush

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by thewizard, May 6, 2015.

1. thewizard

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've had this crush on as far as I know a straight guy for months now. I'm trying to get over him but every time I think I'm over it, I just start crushing on him again. Does anyone have any tips?

2. wasgij

Your status thing says "not out at all" -- maybe he's not out at all?

Are you also trying to preserve a friendship? Telling him your feelings could be a valuable test that tells you more about how strong or weak that friendship really is.

Also, it takes 2 to tango. Is there anything that he does that really plays on your feelings, which he could politely stop doing if he's not interested? I guess kissing or holding hands would be some clear examples of boundaries being crossed in "platonic" friendships.

3. luckrunningout7

Trust me it's really hard to stop crushing. My advice: Don't stress over it. Pushing away too much can ruin things and leave you stressed out. Just let things play out. If you really like him, it will be hard to forget and it'll be painful. Don't force him out of your min, just see where things go. Often you might find you like someone else, or u might meet somebody.

4. JakeSteven

Believe me it sucks having a cursh on someone. I have one, where I'm trying to see if this guy, named keegan, might like me. It takes a very long time. Have you ever talk to this person you like or ask them to chill or hangout with you?

5. Chromedome

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Most of the time i see my crushes as gods, so humanise them.My method is to not pretend that they are perfect or they have the right flaws. Try to look at everything they do and not just the things you like. You'd realise that they aren't all that, they are just human, they poop and fart and dig their nose sometimes, brush their teeth etc.

6. thewizard

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks for the advice! I think I'll try it because it's been really hard lately.