1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can't get over her. Fuck!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by africanFlower, May 7, 2015.

1. africanFlower

you know when you try soo hard to convince yourself that you no longer like a certain somebody and finally tell yourself you dont like her anymore, it works for me too but only until i see her again then the emotions flood me again agg liking someone is so fuckin annoying!

messed up part is that she asked me out two years ago and i said no (idiot) but i was not ready at all, but now two years later i still think about her. this is all actually really messed up 'cause i have this complicated relationship with my best friend as well!. everytime i see my crush i just wanna talk to her, just know her but our conversations always just end with 'hi' and 'bye'. im so frustrated with myself cause i cant help but really like this girl soo much!! this all so draining emotionally. i just wanna know her, is that a lot to ask? :bang::tears::cry:

2. atoadaso

atoadaso Guest

Well, you could always try telling your crush that you're interested I suppose. I mean, the worse that could happen is she says no, but it gives you the chance to get to know her better. You might start with telling her that you'd like to get to know her better, if you're nervous about putting pressure on her or being rejected.

3. africanFlower

i could do so but with the possibility of my best friend hating me. my bestfriend wasnt too happy when she found out i liked this girl and she told me herself that she cant picture me with another girl with being jealous or angry (her words). and u see i dont want to lose my bestfriend 'cause of the crush. long story short, me talking to my crush could ruin my friendship with my bestfriend and thats mainly why i feel so stuck

4. atoadaso

atoadaso Guest

Well, you're describing it as a crush & not being in love, so is it fair to assume that your best friend means more to you than the crush? If so, since your conversations with your crush seem to be pretty dry, maybe you could stop hanging out with her? Unless you seem them at school or work or have mutual friends, which makes things a little trickier. From your original post, it doesn't seem likely she has feelings for you still. Maybe focusing on that will help you move past it? I know accepting that someone I like doesn't return the feeling helps ground me & move on, because it lets me stop entertaining the idea of having anything with them. It's a lot easier to lose feelings if you don't have a fantasy to dwell on.

5. africanFlower

true. i guess im also just hacked that she did like me and had asked me out but i had refused. now she will be 'the one who got away'.

6. atoadaso

atoadaso Guest

Yeah, it's possible that branding her "the one that got away" keeps you from moving on, or at least makes it more difficult. I hope you can work this sticky sitch out!

7. bi2me

What's up with the best friend? Why is she saying she can't see you with this/a woman? Sounds like she isn't being very supportive.

8. wasgij

Yeah, what's up with that? So you're not getting laid with your "best friend", yet they're like "no, you can't see them! You're only allowed to be MY wallflower that I look at but don't touch."

Humans... :icon_sad:

9. bi2me

Jealousy like that concerns me...

10. africanFlower

Thing is, we are basically in a relationship so we do all that a normal couple would but she refuses to say we are dating so i am confused about what we are but she got real upset when she found out i liked another girl after saying we couldnt date :/...

:bang: