1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who wouldn't date their friend or possibly best friend?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Chromedome, May 8, 2015.

1. Chromedome

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Not to generalize, but using straight women as an example, some like to date the "bad boy":he's wild, adventurous, tough, aggressive. A kinda beauty and the beast dynamic where she's is this beauty that tames the beast with her love and molds him into the perfect man to satisfy her ego.

It's almost You are water and they are lava or vice-versa and together you balance each- other out and create beautiful land and flowers and tress start growing on it and shit.

To me this isn't that prevalent in the gay community. I don't like meeting someone with the intent of romantic fantasy dates and getting into their pants eventually, even if that desire is their, I take the time to develop a platonic relationship with them before romance. To me, i gotta know someone for at least a few months before i think of dating them.I'm gonna date my friend when we establish ourselves, since we know each-other's: likes/dislikes, flaws/qualities,our patterns,insecurities.

So you don't have as much suspicion and the worry you get of your boyfriend/girlfriend cheating on you because you communicate. We'll play video-games together,and watch non-romantic movies sometimes.Say where, when, how and with whom we are going out with and what time we should be back. Don't have to text/call each other every few hours. We're gonna check out guys together in the gym, in restaurants and at the park. Talk about who we'd like to invite to a threesome( which will never happen), who we'd cheat on eachother with or date if we weren't together and all that stuff.

#1 Chromedome, May 8, 2015
    Last edited: May 8, 2015
  2. KrazyKav

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You sound very mature about this but for me I would need to know that me and the other person have some sort of interest in me and I had an interest in them. I would be friends with them at first and then develop things onwards but I would need to know that it is possible that we would start dating. I wouldn't like it to be sprung on me that they like me.

If I was put into a situation were a friend of mine asked me to go out with them or if they came out to me and asked to start dating me then my response would be the worst one of all time possibly "No, but we will always be good friends, right?" Friend zoning is never the answer but I wouldn't know what else to say. That is me at the moment but I think that I will be better once i meet more gay people as the amount of people that I know in the LGBT community is only a few. :grin:

3. Chromedome

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    That's true I'm not gonna date my a friend if I have no romantic or sexual attraction to them. But If I do and they feel the same it's a win win.

4. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Due to the way my sexuality works, I can -O N L Y- do this.

I am only capable of developing attraction to someone who has been my close friend for at least two years, minimum. I don't know why this is, but it is and it pretty much sucks to be this way sometimes. It seems the longer I know someone, the more 'awkward' it is for them. But likewise, whenever someone asks me out I always have to say no because we aren't friends, or we are friends and haven't known each other long enough.

I don't even believe in dating as a concept because of it. I like to be in a relationship before we go on physical dates, since to me there's no purpose in 'hanging out to get to know someone' if I already do at that point. I've tried the dating/early relationship thing many many times and it just causes discomfort and ends up hurting the other person.

However, I wish I could be optimistic about this, but after being rejected so many times by friends I'm just determined that I'll die alone at this point.

5. blackhatguy

I dunno, cause my best friends are like brothers to me, and you're not supposed to date your brother.

6. Chromedome

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I feel you. To me a date is something you earn after a period of friendship. To date someone to know them is rushing. To be dating is a form of higher friendship IMO. If we are not friends are you just eyecandy to me I'd rather just take a picture than date you. Do I sound "frigid?"

#6 Chromedome, May 8, 2015
    Last edited: May 8, 2015
  7. biandstuff

Rather not. I have some close friends of both genders and I know them too well and love them in too much of a friend style way to date them.

If they asked me out I'd definitely join them and do whatever, but make it clear to them I don't see them in that sorta way.

8. nohalos

I'd rather not date anyone in my group of friends. I mean, I'm pretending they're at least bi, but I can't help but feel like it's gonna end up really complicated and my circle of friends will side on someone.

On the other hand, I'd rather have a connection someone first, like being friends before dating them, as long as we have only one mutual friend or none at all.

9. atoadaso

atoadaso Guest

The only person I've ever dated, ever been interested in dating, was my best friend. I knew her for 3 years before we started going out, & she wasn't just crushing on me, she was in love with me for 2 of those. The idea of being with her never crossed my mind before I knew she liked me though. I'm clueless about that stuff. But, I find the idea of casually dating someone I just met to be kinda exciting, because I haven't done that yet, so it isn't off the table.

10. womaninamber

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I generally tend to know if I'm interested in someone romantically fairly early on, so usually if I'm friends with someone for a long time I'm not interested in that way.

But that's speaking generally. I have a (female) online friend that I would totally date, and I've only realized that relatively recently.

I really haven't had real dates with women yet though. I'll have to see how that all works itself out for me.

11. ChristianHipstr

I just can't date people my age. Don't know why, but they just don't get "it".
    I don't even know what "it" is, but it's something that most men in their mid to late 20's have that teens and early 20's lack.. Maybe it's maturairy? I dunno