1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to make gay friends?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by KrazyKav, May 8, 2015.

1. KrazyKav

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have recently been coming out to more and more of my friends and it is a really cool feeling.
    But I notice more and more that I have a small amount of gay friends whether it be that they are lesbian, gay, bi or pan or something else.
    Since I am 17 and in the dam countryside it's awkward getting out and about and I can't go into a gay bar because I'm only 17.

Any advice would be great! Thanks! :3 :grin:

2. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  3. Chromedome

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Are they any clubs or groups that interest you beyond their sexuality like : gaymers. Remember that sexuality isn't a personality trait or something you can change or choose consciously, so don't ook fro people just because they are gay. Look for people who shares interests who happen to be gay, the overall picture.

4. KrazyKav

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This may sound narrow minded of me but i had never thought of it that way. I guess my way of thinking was that my sexuality would be what brings us together rather than a different and more common interest. Thank you for opening my eyes to this. :grin: :thumbsup:

5. guitar

Something to consider, only about 5-10% of people are LGBT. It's perfectly normal to have a much greater pool of straight friends than gay ones.

Try some LGBT meetup groups such as at a University, PFLAG meetings, or as someone suggested gay themed things, perhaps a gay bowling league or something.