1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

to forgive and wait OR to forget

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Spoky, May 10, 2015.

1. Spoky

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    My girlfriend left me a month ago. We’ve been living together for 4.5 years. She told me that she wasn’t in love anymore.
    It was a surprise for me. I knew we had some difficulties but I never thought that this could end up this way. I was constantly proposing to make plans, to find a quiet and romantic place to talk about things that could be affecting our relationship. She always preferred to go out with our group of friends or just staying at home.
    A week after breaking up I found a whatsapp conversation file in our “common” PC saved days before breaking up in which she was talking to a friend of my. She was flirting with her, nothing else, just a text. I call this friend and she confirmed the information and actually told me that she had to talk to my ex to tell her that she was wrong and if she was not happy with me she had to be honest with me. My friend obviously was not interested in my ex.

With this information I talk to my ex and ask her why she was flirting with others while still been with me. She turned very nervous and denied everything (even though there was a whatsapp chat file). She even told me that all my friends where liars and were against her.
    Anyway, after thinking a lot I concluded that the whatapps chat was not the real problem, the problem was that she was not in love with me.

Everything was going ok until she changed her mind; three weeks later she told me that she only needed time to clarify her feelings. She doesn´t know if she wants to be my friend or my couple.
    The problem is that I cannot see her right now as a friend I need time to digest all these confusing feelings. She’s playing with me.
    She asks me to go out just to be with someone, she actually doesn’t have too many friends. When I say to stop seeing each other for a while she starts saying that she’s alone, that she’s so unhappy, bla bla bla, and in this way she makes me feel sorry for her…

I might seem very easy for an external observer but it’s very difficult for me to take a little step.
    Any ideas?:help:

2. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't forgive lies, deceit or playing games with me.

It is your choice and you understand the situation better than me, but i would, at the very least, stop contact for a while, but probably break up . You deserve someone who loves you and not someone that is playing games with you.

3. STM29

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In my opinion the best thing to do is stopping the contact to her. You know the situation better than me, but from what you wrote it really sounds like she is just playing with you. She doesn't wants to be alone, okay. But that shouldn't be your problem. She lied to you, she hurt your feelings and now she has to deal with the consequences!

Oh and I know that breaking up the contact may be hard and not so easy to do for you. But in the long run it's probably the best for you.

(*hug*)