1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Outed?!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Tweek, May 10, 2015.

1. Tweek

Rainbow Candy Land (Currently in Brakmar.)
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi, so one day i went to my friends house to hang out. On my way back he said he would Go with me for a certain distance. While on the bike, he kept annoying me by saying: " Who is your crush?" Over and over again. I could not take it anymore so i said it. He replied with:" Well... That was unexpected." So i got home and did my daily routine. Like a day later, at the end of class, a person approached me and said:" Are you gay?" So i said no. I went home confused. Next day, i hanged out with my crush ( we are good friends ) so he went outside and the guy i told i'm gay annoyed by saying stuff like: " You wanna suck his d*ck?" I became very frustrated. Infront of my other friends. They didnt really react though. Probably because the guy often does weird things like let out moans and hump walls. So they probably thinked it was natural. So, my class has a chat on whatsapp. Late in the night he said: " Hey whos still on?" So a friend of mine replied with "me" so i also said "me". Then then he said: Only you me and that gay dude, hm." I was furious and immediatly left the chat. The other guy said to me:" Hey dude, what he said is not true." Sometimes this one girl makes small references to it. I'm confused. Help please? How do i deal with this? But he acts nice to me actually. My classmates seem to don't care at all. But this one guy, says stuff like " Hes gay, he can't play football." And then a friend of him once actually said to my brother a of rumot stating i'm gay. That was when i was wrestling with my friend (We were very young when we did that. ) and a older girl saw that and yelled at the teacher i'm gay. So that dude thinks i was in love with that old friend. But i wasn't. I'm not sure how that ancient rumor is still going. But, despite all this, the most i worry about is an guest lesson from some company. The guest lesson is about Homosexuel people. I'm afraid someone will bring up my secret. I'm also stressen about him betraying me. I am not openly gay. (Yet) and i am still, very annoyed about everyone knowing this. Help? Should i do something about it?:icon_sad: Thanks for Reading all this btw. Thanks.

---------- Post added 10th May 2015 at 05:02 PM ----------

Some things are incorrect cause of autocorrect.

2. RainbowMan

That's not fair at all for that to happen to you. No one deserves to be outed to their classmates against their will, and no one deserves to be made fun of.

That being said, how to proceed is entirely up to you. Are you out to your family yet? Your profile doesn't indicate either way. If not, what are some pros and cons that you can see to doing that?

As for your classmates, there are broadly two options that you can take. You can say that you were just joking to your friend, and hope that the whole thing blows over. The other option is to come out and own it. What would either of those options feel like for you? It's entirely up to you what to do - no one can tell you one way or the other that "this is the correct course of action to take", and I'd be very wary of anyone that claims that they know that other than you.

Hang in there! (*hug*)

3. whatdoIneed

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think the first thing you need to do is have a serous talk with your "friend" about why he is telling people your secret. I put "friend" in quotes because I don't think a true friend would violate your trust like that.

4. Tweek

Rainbow Candy Land (Currently in Brakmar.)
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    About the profile, this is a very new profile. I'm gonna ad stuff when i can.
    I'm a bad liar, and i don't want to come out to my class.
    And yes, i have come out to my parents and told them all about this.

5. robotman

That is just so disgusting. I swear that is one of the worst things you can do. Publicly outing someone that doesn't want to be outed is so damn low and I know because it has happened to me, I even made posts about it.

First of all that person that did it is not a friend, so do not trust them ever again. Once a rumor like this starts it is hard to get rid of but it doesn't matter as long as you don't make it too much of a big deal yourself, just ignore the comments and if someone asks you just deny it until you feel comfortable to say "yes, I am gay".

It's good that you have told your parents and that you can talk to them about it. The good thing about school is that stuff happens all the time and in a couple days it will be someone or something else that is the talk of the week. I know that doesn't sound too good but as long as you ignore it and don't rise to it you should be okay. Keep strong!