1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to do about friend...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Fallingdown7, May 11, 2015.

1. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I'm kind of at a loss at what to do when it comes to the situation between me and my best friend.

I'm in love with her, she doesn't want a relationship with me. I respect her decision and her boundaries, but I also know she was curious about dating other people. I'm afraid I'm going to get hurt if I stay around and see it, despite wanting what's best for her.

Furthermore, she also wants to spend the week at my house in the summer (around my birthday)- we're sort of long distance friends but see each other in person constantly, although she's never been here for that long. I haven't decided whether or not this a good idea and haven't discussed it.

So I'm...looking for advice I guess? I'm not sure whether I should stick around, fade out, or end the friendship completely. If I do choose to end it, I don't want her to feel like I'm blaming her or that I was a fake friend to just get in her pants (not true at all) so I have no clue how to word this in conversation.

2. woahthatsboring

Fade out, don't put yourself in an uncomfortable position for your friend. Although its the noble thing to do it's also the hardest thing to do. If you're close enough to your friend you can tell her that you're gonna back away from the friendship a little to move on so she doesn't take it personally. Just don't hurt yourself watching someone you love, love sonline else. I have been through that and it's not pleasant so my advice is to back off a lot to the point where you're able to see other people in a potential light of dating and not just your friend. Good luck.

3. iheartzephleit

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    The best thing to do right now is to give each other space for awhile... let things sort itself out. Don't make rash decisions while you're doing so, let time tell you what to do. Meanwhile, I know this is easy to say but TRY to get over the crush by distracting yourself. One effective way for me is to mentally note all the bad points about the person and after awhile I'll lose interest. So after some time has passed, 're evaluate your friendship with her. Has it gone back to normal?? Or is it a downward spiral?? Does the friendship heal or harm you? Make sure u don't do anything you are not comfortable with (eg your house during summer) and don't make any rash decisions in case you regret it later on :slight_smile: all the best!!!!