1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have a crush

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Whovian6789, May 11, 2015.

1. Whovian6789

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I have a crush on this boy at school. I overheard him tell some freinds he is gay but some of my friends say he claims to be straight. I feel like he has been flirting with me in class for a couple of weeks. The other day I called him and left a message asking him if he wanted to study. Today, he wouldn't even make eye contact with me in class. This is a big change in his behavior. What should I do?:help::***:

2. atoadaso

atoadaso Guest

Sounds like he might not be comfortable with his sexuality yet, or might just be nervous around you. As for hearing him call himself gay, is there any chance it was one of his friends, or you misheard? I wouldn't be too worried about the eye contact, especially if you had a busy day in class. He might not have felt social, either.

3. Whovian6789

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No he said that he was gay. And he never works in class. I just don't know I am so confused and I don't know....:confused:

4. atoadaso

atoadaso Guest

I have a friend who sometimes claims to be gay, others not. He comes from a very religious home where his dad isn't accepting of anything beyond the cisgender, heterosexual lifestyle. Maybe your crush is in a similar situation? He might be dealing with internalized homophobia, which would explain why he tells some folks he's gay one minute & claims to be straight the next. You might wanna wait a few days to see if his attitude changes. If he's still acting funny, send him a few texts. If you think he'd be okay with it, you might even try mentioning that you heard him say he's gay & that you won't out him or judge him. When he's back to acting like your friend, you can mention your feelings (if you still have them) when you're comfortable doing so.

5. Whovian6789

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks dude