1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Single 4ever

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by bruh, May 11, 2015.

1. bruh

bruh Guest

I've never been in a relationship b4, but i do have a huge crush on this one guy. he's funny, smart, we're into a lot of the same things, and he's a huge romantic. The only problem is he's straight and a slight homophobe. :bang: There are times i wanna tell him, but then i remember that and that he has a girlfriend. :tears: I've also considered meeting other people, except i have almost no idea how, and considering the fact that i've asked out at least 6 girls and failed, i have low self-esteem. Can anyone gimme some advice?

2. bruh

bruh Guest

Another thing is that a girl i used to like has a boyfriend even though i asked her out a couple times. i'm not saying she shouldn't be with him, but it hurts a lot. Feeling a little emotionally terrorized. Can anyone help with this too?

3. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In both cases, the people you like are already attached, so that should make them off limits. To pursue either of them would cause a lot of hurt and pain.

When you have been knocked back, it's bound to affect your self esteem, but it's important to not fall into the trap of despondency. It's very easy to soak up negativity and tell yourself that you will be single 4ever .

Do you know why you failed with the other six girls? Did they offer any feedback that you can use in a positive way to improve your prospects?

4. nohalos

Maybe you can try your school's GSA and meet people there?

Also, like what Patrick said, those previous ladies' feedback should help you improve on asking people out. I do hope that they'd offer to help you to find someone, telling you why they turned you down should not be that difficult of a job if it turns out helping you.

Good luck!

5. bruh

bruh Guest

I just asked them out. but they'd seen me with my friends so that probably killed any and all vibes

6. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I've been in this situation countless times. I have been in some relationships, but they never last and it always turns out the person only agreed because they didn't want to reject anyone. It sucks.

If this is something you really want to do, you may need to find dating sites or online meet-ups. I don't know if you are out, but being a bi guy is going to make this harder sadly (as gay guys and straight women tend to avoid it, which sucks).

Personally, whenever I get this way I just learn to love being single for a while and let the situation happen on it's own.