1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Friend Relationships

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by bryaninau, May 12, 2015.

1. bryaninau

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So here is the situation, I went on my senior Disney trip last week and was roomed with the gay couple, (don't ask, parents made me do it) It turned out to be a really good experience because they were fantastic. I now want to start to form a stronger friendship with them and really get to know them on a friend based level and move it from there to a strong almost brotherly bond friendship. I still have their Facebook and their cell numbers but really don't know how to word it. We really did not say too too much while we were rooming together but its something I really want to do. Should I honestly just message them and say point blank I want to hang out and get to know you guys when are you free and be a good time, or what? I really want to do it for a few reason mostly because I feel as though I can trust them and need to be friends with more guys in my life but I am still really scared and nervous about doing it. I was sexually assaulted by my first BF and its really hard to connect with guys I believe that this will be a good step in helping to repair the damage and reconnecting with guys but have no Idea how to go about doing this Please help.

2. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sounds like you already know what to do. As you already stated, simply reach out, say hello, and tell them you had a good time with them on what was a very special trip, and want to stay in touch. Good Luck!

3. norcal

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Personally, I would reach out to them and tell them how awesome you think they are. That's how I ended up meeting my current boyfriend, I messaged him and was like, hi, I think your cute, we should hang out sometime. Just message either over if them, and hey, maybe they knew someone who is interested in you?

4. bryaninau

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I did end up messaging them, but they are moving to CT from NH unfortunally. I told them we need to hope our paths cross again and then we can hang. They both seemed really excited for that. So guess I will need to wait and hope I have some reason to go down to CT and see them :icon_bigg