1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My friend.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by michaeljx30, May 13, 2015.

1. michaeljx30

Hello everyone!
    I'm on here to look for advice on a current situation that's pretty much getting me down and feeling sad.

Me and a lad called 'Ben' recently matched each other on ****** (dating app), however my profile was in the wrong section and came up as a women. Curious as to why, Ben swiped right and asked why. we exchanged a few messages and seemed to get on. i asked if it was fine to get to know each other, he said sure because he was looking for new friends anyways. He clarified that he was straight, and he knew i was gay but was cool with it.

We spoke for a little more on the app, and decided to exchange numbers and social accounts such as instagram. We seemed to click and get on, i got to know him more and he got to know me. Spoke about work, friends, family & of course sex life from his point of view and from mine. It was just casual talking, i began to enjoy talking to him, he seemed a laugh.

After about a week of talking, i thought give him a break cause i'm probably annoying him talking so much, but he said i wasn't and said 'dont push it :wink:' then we joked around about what would happen if i did, seemed abit flirtatious but i always respected he was straight. anways, i said message me when you wanna talk and left it at that! 3 days went by and i hadn't heard from him, however i posted a video on instagram pissing around he liked it, so i thought 'everythings cool' between us. then the 5th day, my dad got taken into hospital ill (he's got a disease thats killing him day by day) and i just needed someone to talk to tbf.

i messaged Ben, joking that i hadn't received a message from him and asking whether he was okay. within 30 mins, he blocked my number, social media accounts and completely ingored me :/ so i text him, and rung him(never spoke over the phone) or anything but i was that pissed off that i did.

I've messaged other straight lads and they keep saying maybe it became to much for him talking to another lad? maybe he started to develop feelings, or began to enjoy talking to me and in his head it was wrong and crossing a 'line'. Him blocking you, is probably his way of saying that's it hes out my life, i don't have to worry and everything will go back to the way i was. i just don't know what to make of the situation? others have said maybe he got a gf or whatever, but i don't get why that would affect him talking to me :s. I've sent him several messages when i've been pissed off, but now feel asthough if people are right and his heads messed u[/confused then me ranting wasn't the best thing to do :/

any suggestions or advice on the situation? i just dunoo what to make of it, and what's best to do tbf :/ just pissed off now, just miss talking to him, clearly as a 'friend'.

2. BisexualQueen

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    You're friends might be right. He might have felt "weird" talking to a gay guy. (There is nothing wrong with you it's his problem not yours) Maybe his friends made fun of him for talking to a gay guy who he met on a dating app. The only person who will know is him. I know it sucks loosing a friend, but it kinda just happens.

3. michaeljx30

yeahh it sucks! told me i was more understanding that majority of girls he speaks to, just confusing but im starting to agree the more people say, its not you, its him/his problem. weird, i've lost friends i've known for years, but this has irritated me more and i only knew the guy a week or so :/

4. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    you need to move on .. he has reasons and hasn't had the courtesy of telling you what they are
    so he sounds like a bit of a dipstick tbh

its pity you have invested the time - but he may surprise you with contact later

5. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We, and you, can only speculate about the reasons. BisexualQueen said he is the only one who really knows and she's right. Rather than tie yourself up in knots about it, put it down to experience and move on. Put your emotional energy to better use.

6. michaeljx30

I knoww, im annoyed at myself for still wanting to know :/ i hope he does, but doubt it!

True! It's hard because i'm still thinking about him! Been 2 weeks since i last spoke to him and hes still on my mind and im like 'grrrrrrr'. think im just fustrated about the whole thing! But i do understand what you mean, i need to use my energy for something else, something better!