1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I tell him that I'm a lesbian?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by fxngirl, May 14, 2015.

1. fxngirl

fxngirl Guest

I started questioning myself about five months ago and I finally realized that I'm a lesbian, but lately I've been having a "thing" with a friend of mine who has liked me for a year. I usually like being flirty with guys but I never do anything with them, I always back away when they start wanting more (now I can explain that, but I didn't know what it was until I realized I was gay). However, I kinda felt a weird attraction towards this guy, which made me think that I might actually be a biromantic homosexual (I never felt any kind of sexual attraction towards him, just romantic). Now, though, I realized that I don't really like this guy, I just like the fact that he likes me (I know it's weird), but now he thinks we're in a sort of relationship and I wanna tell him that it can't happen but I don't know how!

What should I do? I'm not ready to come out yet but I don't know how to tell him that we can't be in a relationship. :help:

2. biisme

You don't have to come out to him to tell him that you don't want to date. I would focus more on wanting to be friends with him. It sounds like you were friends for a while before you started having your "thing" with him. I would tell him that you like him as a person, and as a friend, but you're not interested in taking it further.

3. ApexxShadow

Hi! I have a few thoughts on this situation

First of all, never rush yourself on coming out. If you're not ready don't pressure yourself. Next, I think it would be best just to pull him aside and tell him that you can't be in a relationship/need some time to think. Also tell him that you hope you can stay friends, and when YOU are ready come out to him :slight_smile:

Feel free to message me on my wall if you want to talk/need any advice :3

4. fxngirl

fxngirl Guest

Thank you both for the advice! :slight_smile: