1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Advice ASAP!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by jp97, May 14, 2015.

1. jp97

So today one of my friend who I have not talked to in a while and she comes up and asks me if i'm gay and since I was caught off guard I said "no", well after this I asked her why she asked me and she said that one of her guy friends has a crush on me and thats why she asked. all this happened at the end of the school day so tomorrow i'm (hopefully) going to find out who he is and I need to know what to do, how to react because I don't think I know the person, and if I should say any thing about being gay. advice would be great befor tomorrow.

2. Runner5

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Well, if you don't want to come out then bug her about it until she tells you, then decided what to do. There's a good chance that she won't tell you though unless you actually come out to her.

3. KTaylor2013

I think you need more information. Overall, just listen to your gut. If you're ready to be out then go for it. If not, don't be ashamed of it, it takes time. Just do whatever feels right to you.

4. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

Like the other commenters said, you should only come out to this friend if you're ready. But if you do trust this friend and decide to come out and you don't want to hurt her feelings by saying you lied, you could approach it by just saying "look, before when I said I wasn't gay it just kind of caught me off guard and I haven't told anyone before, but I am gay" or something like that. Just be honest and I'm sure she'll understand. But again, only if you feel ready. Don't feel pressured to even if you had to be dishonest with her because if you're not ready, you're not ready. Hope this helps and good luck!

5. jp97

Your right she said that she promised not to tell me if I wasn't gay so I told her that I was not homophobic or anything and just wanted to know who it was and asked her to ask him if she could tell me who he is. I plan to pester her monday, but I still might not get an answer so I i'm going to think about wether or not to tell her the truth, though this would be the first person I come out to so this is a HUGE decision for me. Should I drop it if I decide against telling her and she is not able to tell me?

6. bi2me

That's a tough spot. Do you have a list in your head of who it could be? Maybe you could watch for signs. If you were the guy, you might not be ready to be out to a guy who wasn't gay, especially one who knows you like him. I'm guessing he won't want you to know if he doesn't think you are interested. I hope I'm wrong though!

7. jp97

I have been asking her for days now and I get the same answer "no" and even though I only have some idea of who it could be I think I really might have to tell her that I'm gay and explain the reason for lying and i'm not sure I am ready to do so, but the mystery is driving me crazy because I want to know so much!

8. DragKing692

Whatever floats your boat. Though in my not-so-humble opinion, I think you should give it a go and ask who he is. Who knows, it could be wonderful! But again, you.
    Best wishes,
    Bernie