1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to get over crush? I'm tired of this feeling.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Harlusional, May 15, 2015.

1. Harlusional

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So based on the responses on my last post , I figured I do really like this guy. Just some background info : This guy , let's call him Daniel. Daniel's a somewhat close friend of mine I would consider and I trusted him so I told him about how I disliked certain individuals in the school andddddd he basically backstabbed me by telling them.

Afterwards , those individuals confronted me out of nowhere and we talked things out ( not really they shouted/mocked me) but anyways , the outcome of that was basically a truce. Now, many of my friends (classmates) wanted to "avenge" me as they felt that I was treated unfairly and harrassed by those individuals. Several of my friends told me that when those individuals were confronting me, Daniel was snickering from the sides. And I was pissed off, really pissed off at him. He knew he fucked up and apologized , even said how " He really wanted to be close to me " .

So being the soft-hearted , naive person I am , I took his words seriously and tried to so-called " be close to him" . I am always the one who initiates sending messages to him first , never the other way around. It came to the point where one day I was joking about him reading my message but not wanting to reply and he said " I don't see why you find that annoying , I have better priorities. "

I just teared up I guess :/ Now , I'm in a chat group with him and several of my classmates and Daniel basically teased me , I mean , I'm always known for my sarcastic sense of humour and all but to me , after all the shit I've been through for him , these stupid feelings,I know he teased me as a joke but it came across as offensive to me.

I want to get over him. I'm sick of this feeling. How should I get over him? Advices please.

2. biisme

I'm sorry. (*hug*) Daniel sounds like a jag.

He sounds like a very negative person, and I can see why you would be upset by the things that he is saying. Is it possible not to see him as much? I don't know if you have many mutual friends that would make things complicated, but my best advice would be to get some distance from him. Not only will this give you minimize his chances to hurt you, but it may also help you to move on from him.

3. Fandom obsessed

I'm sorry :frowning2: I totally understand your situation. Sadly I can't get over crushes. Sometimes I can but sometimes I really can not. I hope things get better for you.

4. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Cut off all contact for a while for as long as you need.

He doesn't sound worth it anyway.