1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it me or them?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by KrazyKav, May 15, 2015.

1. KrazyKav

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Everytime I come out to someone new I feel like there is a tension hanging in the air. I have no idea why though.they all pretty much knew I was bi anyway but after I told them they seem to get a little less Conversation-y'... If that makes any sense. For example, my best friend was a guy that I didn't want to tell untill I saw him in person next but I ended up telling him over fb, then the next time we saw each other he wouldn't let me speak unless he required an answer for a question. He has never been like that before and I want to get rid of that tension asap. What can I do? :bang: (Sometimes I feel like coming out was a very bad idea and that day was a one of those times.) :/

2. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Does the conversation return to normal eventually?

It's important to remember that people have no forewarning that we are going to come out to them. We just tell them and expect them to deal with it, stunning as it may be. I know it feels awkward, but sometimes people need a short time to process what they have been told. It doesn't mean they are homophobic, biphobic or transphobic and it doesn't mean they are going to throw a wobbler about it - they are just surprised and unsure what to say immediately. If the conversation returns to normal and there is no lasting issue, you're good and don't need to do anything.