1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wondering if I am the other man

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by josh9623, May 15, 2015.

1. josh9623

I am currently home for the summer but before I left I had started dating a guy that I met at a club. We seemed to be getting on pretty well and both expressed an interest in continuing once I go back to uni. After the first couple dates I sent him a friend request on facebook, he just added me yesterday. I took some time to look at his profile and it says he's been in a relationship for five years. I had already planned to talk to him tomorrow night, but now I feel uncomfortable about the whole thing. I really don't know how I should handle this.

2. Im Hazel

Ask him about it? It could be a joke. Apparently, loads of people post things like that to be funny. You sound like you don't want to be "The Other Man", anyway. So challenging him on it seems to be the best way forward.

3. katcaz

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If it bothers you, then I would say something. I wouldn't make a big deal about it bringing it up though. I'd bring it up casually. I have friends that are in relationships that still have that they're single, but they're definitely in happy committed relationships. My boyfriend had that he was single for at least a month before he just hid his relationship status. I also have a friend that has they are in a relationship when they really aren't. This guy may want people to think he's in a relationship, he may have forgotten it's there, or maybe you are the other guy. If you are accusatory, you could mess up something that could be great. If you're gonna be confrontational about something that small, how would you be about a bigger problem? I'm not saying that's how you are, but that's likely a thought that would cross his mind. It would cross mine. So definitely say something if it bothers you, but don't make it seem like a big deal.

4. Bi in MD

Out Status:
    A few people
    and on the other side of things, I actually want to be the other man because the man I am with is going to be the other man too. The only difference is that before anything ever gets going, everyone is 100% clear on their position in the relationship. Well, almost everyone..