1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trouble Connecting...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by nosnaws91, May 16, 2015.

1. nosnaws91

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I;m technically a girl but I am trans and I feel as if I am a male. I came out to my mom and sister as gay as they just wouldn't understand that I am a male in a female body. My mom has always been very worried about what others thought about our family and I know that she isn't a big fan of gays. Before I came out she has said some extremely hurtful things about gays that I will never forget. So I know her true feelings on my orientation. When I was a kid she never would let me express who I was. I liked to wear boyish clothes and this used to spark fights often. She has always tried to push down who I was and turn me into the perfect little girl that she wants me to be. It really sucks. My mom still says some things that are very hurtful but I don't think she realizes it. My dad has never been around and my mom and I have never connected and we have nothing in common. I know that she really hates how I turned out as a person. I just feel very isolated and alone. I just really want to be able to count on my family and be accepted because I have never really been accepted by my peers because I am a bit manly. Idk I guess I am just venting and wishing that I had a place where I feel safe and accepted.

2. LazyBirb

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    First things first, gender shouldn't label body parts. Men can have boobs and a vagina, females can have no boobs and a penis. Whatever you identify as is what you are, don't let anyone tell you different. Second, I know exactly how you feel. My family straight up denies the existence of anything other than the gender binary and they feel as though they need to bring me to a doctor to sort my mind out. I have come out to my family and they don't accept that I am male, and they feel like they own me as a person and should control my very way of living and they think it's something I can fix, but you really can't. You are who you are, literally. I'm in the same boat with you bro, I feel isolated from my family and if I ever try to say anything to them about it they don't understand why I'm putting them through so much trouble. I want to be able to count on my family too but I cannot, sometimes people are too far gone and you can't change their ways. Third, you are safe on this site. You are not alone here, other people are going through similar things, it's okay to not be okay. ^.^ I hope this helped a little.