1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I tell my crush I like them?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by daniele skates, May 16, 2015.

1. daniele skates

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've had a really big crush on one of my friends, whom I've known for two years now. But just recently I have told two close friends I was bi, and even my crush. They are completely supportive and everything. But also recently, I've told one of my close friends who I had a crush on. And I can't take this feeling any longer, of the person not knowing. When I did come out to my crush, she said she might've been bi, but then right after she said, "nahh". So I don't know what that means. I have noticed she acts differently around me, like when we walk in the school halls together, she walks so close to me she is leaning on me even when the halls are empty. She doesn't do this with anyone else. And I have caught her staring at me in class. And just the other day, she put her head on my should for a few minutes. So I don't know if she thinks of me as more as a friend, or just a really good friend. And I have been wondering if I should tell her how I feel, not trying to make it awkward after or a ruined friendship. Help!

2. Sevan

Sometimes it's really hard to gauge what other people feel, especially in regards to you. And sometimes you have to be a little sneakier to get the answers that you want. If you're worried you're going to ruin a friendship, try some statements to see how she reacts. Something like, perhaps, "I wish I knew someone else who was bi," or if you're wondering if she's interested in you, "I met a girl who was pretty cute the other day."
    It's just to gauge a reaction. If you see something there in her reactions that denotes that she may be open to a relationship or interested in you, then you can have a little more confidence in your confession.

Otherwise, sometimes it's better to take a leap of faith. I was hung up over a girl for over a year. And I wish I had said something as soon as I knew how I felt. It didn't work out, but it was better than being strung along by hope for a long time. Besides, she might be interested in you!

Good luck, I hope everything works out!