1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to a friend HELP PLS

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Gabe27, May 16, 2015.

1. Gabe27

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello everyone, I'm posting this because I really need some help.

The day before yesterday a friend (which is a girl) told me she likes me, but she's in a open relationship with her boyfriend and I don't want to get involved, even though I think I like her back.
    I even said I like her, but we decided to forget about it.

She was apologizing for confusing me (since I have never had any kind of relationship) when I thought something like "I found out I was bi less than a month ago so you don't even how confused I am right now". When that thought went through my mind I apparently bit my lips and she noticed and immediately asked me what I was thinking.
    And I was thinking about being bisexual and how would she react to that since she liked me. I told her (after almost 15 minutes of failed attempts). She told me it was OK, asked some question (nothing offensive) and said no one would ever guess it, but she started acting a little more awkward than she already was so IDK what to do anymore.

Basically, now she has a reciprocal crush on a bisexual guy (that she thought was straight and just came out to her) and she is in a open relationship.
    And I think I like a girl that already has a boyfriend and I came out to her in the most awkward way OMG.

I'm afraid our friendship may be ruined and I really need some advice.
    Should I talk to her again about this? What would I say? Should I act like nothing happened?
    I'm going to see her again next Monday and I don't know how to feel about this situation PLEASE HELP ME.

PS: I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this haha

2. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i think you should talk to her, atleast to sort any awkwardness and/or tension yall might have

3. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't panic! Wait until you see her again and take it from there.

Imagine how you would feel if someone you assumed to be straight, suddenly (out of nowhere) admitted to being bi or gay. Do you think you might be surprised? Do you imagine it might stun you and leave you a little bit lost for words? I'm guessing the answer to both questions might be yes. Well, that's what happens when we come out to someone, with no forewarning. It is a surprise, it might even be a shock and they can struggle to know what to say or how to react.

Thoughts about a ruined friendship are a little premature at this stage. When you see her on Monday she will have had more time to process things and maybe you can both talk about it some more.

4. Gabe27

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah, I'm gonna talk to her, but it's probably gonna be OK. My despair outbreak is over by now. :lol:
    Thank you!

Thanks. I'm glad I'm not so desperate anymore.
    And I thought people could tell I'm not 100% straight, but apparently I was wrong. By the way, what do you mean by forewarning? I mean, what could I do to "warn" people before coming out?

5. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Some people try to drop hints before they come out, for example, wearing pride wristbands or badges or talking more about LGBT issues.

6. Gabe27

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I talked to her and everything is alright now! She said she just got surprised LOL.
    And I talk way too much about LGBT issues to my friends. That's why I thought they would guess something but apparently no one does. But I will try to give some hints before coming out so I can avoid awkward situations.

Thanks for the help!

And sorry for quoting everything. OCD too strong.