1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

does she like me?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by indiqo, May 17, 2015.

1. indiqo

I'm really bad at reading people. I know it's impossible to know without asking her directly but she's extremely shy so I'm very cautious about doing this. I think she'd die.

some background information:
    we're quite close and I like her. I'm gay but she doesn't know. I have no idea how she identifies, she never has relationships and she's very neutral about everything. I know that is something I would have to ask her.

the things I have noticed:
    *she looks deep into my eyes most of the time. she just stares into my eyes and if I look back into her eyes, she looks away then looks back at me from the side and then gets flushed and giggles, then stares into my eyes again and this happens for minutes in complete silence.
    *she stares at my lips when I'm talking. she has no problems hearing so isn't lip reading. she kind of puts her face close to mine and looks down at my lips forever and then she examines my whole face. I notice I do the same to her but this is because I like her!
    *sometimes she walks up behind me and puts her hands around my waist/hips and squeezes, then runs away giggling.
    *she randomly bounces her chest off mine and then giggles.
    *when we are together she stands so our sides and legs are touching and leans her shoulders and face into mine.
    *one time we were both stroking my dog and we ended up stroking each others hands instead for 10-20 minutes, while looking into each others eyes but didn't say anything.
    *if I touch her arm or lower back (it has taken me forever to try to do this btw) she giggles and blushes and leans into me.
    *we don't like hugs but one time we did hug and she pretended to kiss me.
    *she sometimes kind of implies that she knows I like girls.
    *if she sees a girl with a nice figure she will say something to me.
    *she is friends with guys but she always says she isn't into guys.
    *she gets me little gifts sometimes and writes me little poems.

oh and she doesn't usually like physical contact with people or people in general, so these things are not characteristic for her.

#1 indiqo, May 17, 2015
    Last edited: May 17, 2015
  2. wasgij

YES of course she likes you! :thumbsup:
    Estimated probability of disappointment if you ask her out: 0.02% (I totally understand the nerves though)

It sounds like you're practically in a relationship anyway, but you're just freaking out way too much about the "symbolism" of kissing, or sex, or officially updating your relationship status on the internet.

---------- Post added 17th May 2015 at 03:51 PM ----------

People never stare into my eyes. I'm so jealous! It sounds like a good thing you've got going, and you know how much it's worth to you, which is why you're so nervous. I totally suck at "taking the next step" with people myself, so I'm practically getting "the bends" just from reading how nervous you sound... I'm sure you'll be fine, but at the same time it kills me to say it because I don't really know...(*hug*)

3. indiqo

haha thankyou (*hug*)

I think there's a similar probability of me actually asking her out though :icon_redf

it's impossible to tell her orientation or if she likes me, to me she could just be being playful etc.

I hate eye contact, but with her it's so lovely.

4. lovely lesbian

I would say she likes you a lot

5. indiqo

thankyou :] I hope so.. but sadly even if she does it's probably pointless bc neither of us is ever going to act on it :icon_redf

6. ainsworth70

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    She likes you for sure:slight_smile:

7. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yea, she does. Just go for it! (*hug*)