1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boyfriend and roommates

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Milo7611five, May 17, 2015.

1. Milo7611five

About a year ago, I moved back to the u.s, and brought my bf with me. Since then he has grown more and more controlling and abusive, becoming angry for every little thing. He constantly berates me, acts homophobic and mocks my age. In December we brought in two other students to live with us, and since my bf is in the closet, they don't know about us. He treats them differently, let's them cling onto him. All the while he talks sweetly to them and treats me like crap.

I don't know what to do. He has become very abusive and I love him, but don't know what to do. I don't want to walk out because I'm afraid I will ruin his chances of school, success, etc. what do I do? Can he change?

2. Gen

Gen

You are not responsibility for anyone else's education, success, or life. He is an adult. He is perfectly capable of caring for himself and taking responsibility for his action. You cannot allow yourself to be tied down with him for years because he might not be able to support himself or continue going down the path that he planned. You are not responsible for him.

I can guarantee that he wouldn't treat a relative that was lending him a hand the same way. I can guarantee that he wouldn't treat a friend that was supporting him in the same manner that he is treating you. He is walking all over you because he feels that he can. That is not acceptable. It is not acceptable coming from anyone, but someone that you are helping along in life above all? Absolutely not. You must get out now. Realize that you deserve better and cut him off.

3. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Run for the hills. Find someone else, seriously.

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with biguy8 and Gen. You deserve better. Someone that is abusive and doesn't respect and love you is not someone you need to be with.

I don't often say this this directly but... get out. Now.