1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Genderfluid Friend HELP!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Tree0, May 17, 2015.

1. Tree0

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Hi! This is more for understanding my gender fluid friend. We're both 14 and she came out to me through text. At first I was okay about it...until it was consuming all we ever talked about. To understand this, I need to give a bit more info: she's only told me, and 3 other people being her mom and extra friends. She's have had problems with depression and parental abuse (As far as I know, ignoring and dismissing). I've been supportive and answering questions best I can over: hairstyles, clothing and personality. But In my opinion, being gender fluid is a mask to look around into different sexualities. She says this is who she is and who she wants to be. Hopefully some can understand how different it can be for a friend to be changing this way. I cant see how you can be your true self when you flip flop between genders. She's told me this website could help me in understanding all of this. She says that she feels between female and male and it matters when only in the morning. Could you help me understand how you can feel like a boy or girl in the morning? She's gone as far as cutting her hair in a "boyish" fashion, and dressing in one "boyish" outfit. Finally, I don't see anything belonging into one gender as the other. Girls like mud just a guys like "being clean"? Anyway, if you need more information, I'll answer. Thx!