1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possesive boyfriend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Skittles Hugger, May 18, 2015.

1. oki so im a straight female, im 17 years old and my boyfriend is 21 next month
    he is the best, i literally feel like he has saved me in more ways than one. my life basically revolves around him
    we met when i was in a period of my life where my social anxiety was bad so i didnt have any friends at alll, nada, zero.
    either way he broke down my walls we fell deeply in love blah blah bla
    over time ive noticed how possessive he is.
    this friend from my past, yonly, messaged me and i told my boyfriend,
    my boyfriend got really quiet and he didnt wanna talk to me he was so incredibly hurt, this isnt the first time this has happened he does that when he wants me to do something and i just realized that i fall for it so easy
    so i was like "do you want me to stop talking to yonly?" he was like "its up to you."
    and the subtext of how he said it was 'stop talking to him'
    whenever someone, anyone, especailly a guy talks to me its a nightmare he makes me feel so bad. and im homeschooled btw but idk yeah hes the only person i ever talk to.

the other day i was swamped with school work and i was helping my lil bro study so i couldnt talk to my boyfriend as much and when we finally facetimed it was like someone had died like thats how sad he was.

either way im seeing him again this sunday. please dont send me any hate cause i really dont need that

#1 Skittles Hugger, May 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Doesn't sound like a healthy relationship, and you need to communicate this to him. This is not the kind of life you want to live. You don't know what could happen if this gets worse.

3. Pumpion

I think I've been in your situation, when I was with my ex-boyfriend (who was my first relationship) I felt as though I had to talk to him and be with him almost all the time, and I hardly got any time to myself, and when I did want time by myself he would be like 'oh, okay' and sound sort of sad. But when I broke up with him I felt so free, like I had been released from a cage (for lack of better words), and got to hang out more with my friends outside of my friendship group that my boyfriend didn't really seem to like me hanging out with (because I wasn't hanging out with him). Probably not helpful but if it helps to know there are other people who have been in your situation then I did good :grin:

4. robclem21

I agree with both posters above. I am not sure if honest counts as "hate" or not, but you need to talk about this with him. Regardless of how much good he has done for you in the past, he needs to let you live your life. In no way should you ever have restrictions on who you can talk to, what you can do, or be made to feel guilty for helping someone else. Obviously there is more to your relationship than this one issue, so I would never go so far as to say break up with him right now, but definitely worth a frank discussion about how you don't feel trusted and you need to be able to live part of your life independently of him. This is healthy.