1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friends boyfriend might be gay?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by DaLemonSqueezer, May 18, 2015.

1. DaLemonSqueezer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ooookayyy so to start with I am male (18) and this friend of mines that I have known for a little over year and a half has boyfriend (both 1 year older than I am).

So the story pretty much starts from when I came to my current school. I saw my friend's boyfriend (Let's call him Mike) (I wasn't friends with her back then) from time to time at the school corridors and I was like daaam that guy is hot.

So nothing never happened we never said anything to each other just quickly looked at each other when we walked by each other.

So that is the easy part, I meet a guy, I have no idea who he is and he stares at me and I stare at him and I think "okay, he might be gay or not (I have bad experience judging on gazes whether some one is gay or not).

Well it got tricky when I met Mike's girlfriend (Let's call her Alice) (I did not know they were seeing each other) and I became friends with Alice. So we were friends for like a month or two and then I found out that Mike and Alice were together when we had this one group chat in the corridor. And I was like "waaaat? I was almost sure that guy was gay".

So as time kept going I started to notice that every time I appear and go talk to Alice and Mike is nearby or also talking to her, he just makes some excuse or goes to toilet or just leaves. And I got the feeling he is avoiding me or something. Even tho when we walked by each other (me and Mike) we still would just look at each other.

So the holidays came and school ended and I didn't met neither Alice nor Mike for a long long time. Until today again. Alice and Mike were at school to get results from the tests and I went speaking to them (there were also other people) and I was standing in front of Mike and then I notice that he is just staring at me (not too visibly but like sneaky-peaky like) and then I just look back at him and we look each other for several seconds until we broke our gaze and then I have to go to lesson.

So this again confused me more about if Mike is gay or not. I do not really know what to do (probably I should do nothing) but I have no idea how to read other people's messages when g.e. Mike stares at me, avoids me when other people are around and then silently stares at me more and... I have no idea what to do or how I should think about Mike and Alice?

Sorry for such long and boring post. My first post ever (!)

2. Schloss

Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome. Do you have any background info about Mike?
    It could range from him being an ultra-conservative rube exasperated by the thought of you being openly gay to him wanting to shag you. It lies somewhere in between, is my guess. Eye gaze could mean many things. If it's coupled with a smile, it's most probably a good thing. If it's coupled with a very bland stare, it could be rather defensive. The truth is, nobody here has any idea what's really going on. Not knowing about Mike means people will probably give you a miscalculated response.

3. Johanz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Nothing very explicit that says Mike is gay base on your post but anyways,you wont really find out unless he tells you because it would be awkward if you ask him because clearly he has a girlfriend.. How about try becoming good friends with him and just go with the flow? It seems like you are interested in him.. hahaha He is your friends boyfriend tho just saying, but its doesn't mean its wrong to like other peoples significant other unless you act on it. Just get to know him and struck some light conversation till you become friends.

4. doc

doc

yes, get to know him better. If he is interested in you then he'll let you know. But stealing someone else's guy.....is not the best thing in the world to do. Its not up to you to rescue her from a relationship that is a lie either - just in case thats what you were thinking. You don't really have a clue about how they feel about eachother and what they tell eachother.

5. DaLemonSqueezer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah well I also thought about if he is some guy wanting to beat me up but it sounds quite insane as he has no idea I am gay (no one does, except one close friend)

Also when he yesterday looked at me he looked desperate (I have no idea why I got that feeling but I still did get it). Also he does smile at me when we walk by each other and stuff.

On the other hand why the hell does he leave every time I appear when some one else is around?

6. Vashta Nerada

Maybe he knows you're good friends with his girlfriend, feels a bit weird about her having a guy friend (not justified but, hey.), Also keep in mind regardless of his sexuality (could just as easily be bisexual/pan etc. as gay or straight) he is in a relationship so keep that in mind,
    I'd say it's a sleeping dog best left to lie.