1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Im in love with my best friend , should I tell her ?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by honeybunny87, May 20, 2015.

1. honeybunny87

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ive been best friends with a girl for a year now but recently we've gotten really close , I started to get feelings for her but ive just been trying to ignore it assuming its just in a friendly way but it keeps getting stronger and now I cant ignore it :/ like shes been hugging me much more than anyone else and sitting on my lap and she keeps saying that were going to live together when we move out :icon_redf the problem is , she sometimes flirts with some guys at school but if I ask her about him she doesn't want to talk about him , I wish I could tell her but Im really confused because I cant tell if she would feel the same or how she would react , is there anything I can do without making things awkward?

2. InsertUserHere

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well it seems like she might be bi or pan, but she could just be a generally flirty person. My usual method is to drop hints every once in a while. You can use little things like "...when you have a boyfriend or girlfriend" or "...when you date someone or other". This is usually the least awkward way, because they'll either correct you sweetly or they won't say anything. If she turns out to be straight, then you can take it from there, but if she's not, then just go for it. Life's too short to wait and all that

3. Lyana

I think InsertUserHere gave some pretty good advice. Bringing it up subtly may be easier for you than being blunt about it, and it's less risky, too.

Are you out to her? If not, and you're not scared, you could start by coming out to her. It may make her think about things. If she's not straight, she might feel like telling you a bit more, since you told her. And straight or not, her reaction to knowing your sexuality will give you a clue as to how she would react if you told her you liked her.

In the end, telling her about your feelings is your call. If she doesn't feel the same, there is sadly a huge chance that it will be awkward, at least at first.

4. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Just make sure you know who the person is and how they'll react before you say anything. Especially if you're not out and don't know their sexuality.

I told my best friend I liked her, got rejected, took a two week break to sort things out...and we're best friends as ever again, no awkwardness or unhappiness at my part. However, some people will feel awkward and reject the friendship, so just make sure this is someone you can trust if things go sour.

5. ainsworth70

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Once you start to have feelings about your friend then there is no way back, so talk to her. You cannot be friend with her and hide feelings, trust me.